CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy 8 months...&thoughts from a mom


Madisyn is 8 months old today!! Where in the world is the time going, I think if I blink i'll miss everything. Lately I've been encouraged to take a little extra time to spend with her. Not that I completely ignore her, but we all know how busy life gets and how things need to be done around the home and meals need to be made. But is it too much for your child to ask to take an extra 5 maybe 10 minutes to sit and play with them. I'm now really seeing how fast time is going and in all seriousness I bet my mother thinks all she did was blink and now I'm 20 something with a child of my own, married and running a house, the same thing will happen with Madisyn. I read an article this morning about counting the hours and how many moms (especially new moms) just count hours until they go to sleep, or how many hours of sleep they'll get. In my case I'm counting how many hours I have to get things done. In doing so your almost missing out on the precious time with your children. I was really encouraged by it, so many truths ring out and I've been convicted to just take time to sit and smell the roses with my darling girl!

Tonight after Madisyn has been asleep for two hours she woke up crying, when I went upstairs I she was standing in her crib eyes still sleepy, looking at me to rescue her. I figured she had a bad dream or something because as soon as I picked her up she snuggled into my arms. Remembering the article I read I couldn't get frustrated instead I sat on her rocking chair snuggled her in and rocked her to back to sleep. I was in no hurry to get her back into her crib, the chores could wait at this moment it was just her and I. She's a very active 8 month old and we hardly get snuggles in the day. It was nice to just hold her calm body and stare into her sleepy eyes. I whispered calming words to her and soon her eyes fluttered to sleepy land.
Still in no hurry to leave I kept rocking and snuggling her silently I prayed. I thanked God for this beautiful gift and I prayed that in some way he'd be able to use her as she grows. I started thinking about how much love I have for her, so that much that I'd give my life for her if I had to. Then I realized (though I've known it all along but sometimes you need a fresh perspective on things) how much love God has for us. He sent His only Son whom he loved (as we would love our own) to die n the cross for our sins. As a mom I couldn't imagine being able to let that happen to my baby. But God loved a sinner like me, that through his grace He sent His Son Jesus to die for my sins. The thought was just so amazing all I could do was cry and thank God again for my girl and for all He has done in my life.

Children are a blessing and a joy from God, it's not always going to be easy but we definitely should cherish every moment we can with them. So today we celebrate 8 months of life with my little blessing!

[ http://fiveintow.com/2012/03/01/counting-the-hours/ ] here's a link to the blog where the article was, I highly recommend reading it. You too will be encouraged by it.


1 comment:

  1. Laura, thank you for the reminder that no matter how old our children get...we still need to count the moment we have with them. I love you very much dear daughter (as well as Blake and Mitchell and our additions to our family). Mom. xo

    ReplyDelete