CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Splish Splash!

This certainly has been a busy week for Madisyn! We missed ABC for babies Tuesday morning because she ended up going down for a nap half hour before it started. Adam and I were both still tired and I really didn't want to wake her. I felt bad, but we made up for it yesterday when I took her to her first birthday party! A friend from church was a leap year baby and had his 4th birthday (which would be his first on the actual day!). It was a lot of fun, they went sledding but Madisyn slept through all that and then went back to the house for cake and fun times that Madisyn got to enjoy, she even got a treat bag!

This morning Adam and I took her over to the local pool for the parent & tot swim. It was her first time swimming and she absolutely LOVED it! She splashed away and laughed so much. She didn't care when she got her face full of water and wasn't phased a bit when I'd pull her away from my body and hold her out in the water, in fact she'd start laughing. I'd put her on her tummy and she'd kick her feet away and a few times she'd lie on her back! Madisyn even made a friend, a little girl came right up to us and introduced herself. She informed me she loved babies and didn't leave our side till we left. She would go find some balls and swoosh them to Madisyn and Madisyn would push them back, and she'd hold Madisyn's hand while trying to swim. Even offered Madisyn her noodle (I kindly told her that Madisyn was a bit young to swim on her own) =).


They wouldn't let us take photos at the pool so I took some after we got back! She's a happy girl!











She's pulling herself up onto everything now! I can't take my eyes off of her, she's had quite a few bumps and bruises.

5 comments:

  1. My goodness she is growing up so fast :) Glad she is learning to swim while she is so little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nene is glad as well that she enjoyed swimming. She will be already for the beach this summer. Way to go Madisyn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They wouldn't let you take pictures at the pool? that's odd. Most pools allow it.
    sounds like she had a lot of fun!
    <3 Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, she is getting so big!!!! Keep up the great work as a mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madisyn is adorable!! Can't wait to see you guys again, hopefully soon. :)

    ReplyDelete