Sunday, July 15, 2012
Madisyn turns One
I can't believe a year has gone by already! My sweet baby girl is not a baby anymore. It's a sad happy moment. Sad because time is just flying by and I know someday I'll blink and she'll be graduating from high school off to start her own adventures. But happy because I know that in the past year I have enjoyed watching her grow into a toddler, discovering and learning new things every day.
She's gone from sleeping all the time to talking all the time. From us entertaining her and trying to get her to smile and laugh. To her entertaining us, making us laugh all the time and every day having a smile on our faces. God has certainly blessed us with this beautiful little girl, we thank him everyday for her.
Yesterday we had her first birthday party, it was quite the event. I didn't realize how many people I actually invited, I was all worried not many were going to be there. Once the party started I realized that our house was ful! It was great to see all our family and close friends come and show their love for Madisyn. She is definitely a well loved child and we are so thankful for everyone who is a part of her and our lives.
We didn't have a specific theme for Madisyn's party as at this age there isn't anything she's really into so I decided to just use the colours pink and green and go from there.
My Mom and Dad tag teamed together and made this beautiful seal carved out of watermelon and filled with fruit! It made a lovely center piece.
Adam and I made the cake together, it was a white chocolate cake with a raspberry cream cheese filling. My best friend came down with her family for Madisyn's birthday and between her Adam and I we got this cake decorated. Very simple but it was the best we could do as none of us had experience decorating cakes before. The main thing is it tasted great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Happy belated birthday to Madisyn!! She's such a cutie!
ReplyDelete