Two days ago was Valentines day and I must say I had a pretty good day! Last year I was so sick I really didn't enjoy it much plus the way Adams work schedule is he didn't get home till 9:30, after having my head stuck in the toilet most of the day, by then I was ready for bed. However this year (aside from a small cold) we were all in good health!
Adam's shift was actually changed for this week due to a story he is working on, which meant he had the evening off. Forget that it was Valentines day I was just as happy just to have an evening with him. Another thing different from last year is I got to spend the day with my second Valentine (the one that made me sick last year) I got to enjoy her this year! Even though she's just a baby I still made a day of it and we had such fun! Madisyn and I made cupcakes for Adam. Well I made them she sat in her highchair beside me and was moral support. She was so full of smiles and giggles, we played together some too. Her Grammie MacInnis brought over a little present, she crocheted her an adorable lady bug backpack and brought Adam and I some lovely flowers. Madisyn also got a few valentine cards of her own too!
Red Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

Since I really didn't get to enjoy last year, we really count this as our first Valentines together as a married couple. I wanted to do something special for Adam (last year I didn't even get him a card!) I decided to make him a steak dinner, seeing as most times we have ground beef or chicken I thought steak would be a nice treat. I made a special pink punch, and of course we had the cupcakes Madisyn and I made. Also while Madisyn was napping during the day I did up some chocolate covered strawberries! We enjoyed a nice candlelight dinner and Adam even said it was the best steak he ever had =).

I know there are a lot of people who don't care much for Valentines day. I love my husband every day of the year and should be showing it to him everyday of the year. But it is nice to have a day that reminds you to take time out of our busy lives (which have been pretty crazy the past couple months) to enjoy each other and remember the love you have for each other.
Our romantic dinner

Every year wont be like this, I realize as life goes on it gets busier and then you add more kids to everything. It sure was nice to have a nice evening together this year. In fact it's been a really nice week!


No comments:
Post a Comment